Responsible to: Executive Secretary
Accountable to: Communication Committee, Executive Secretary
Job Purpose: To oversee and manage the print and electronic publications as well as the website of the PSGH
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publications’ style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Review and approve written materials submitted by composing room prior to publication production.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Meet frequently with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors, and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Supervise and coordinate work of reporters and other editors.
- Make manuscript acceptance or revision recommendations to the publisher.
- Interview and hire writers and reporters or negotiate contracts, royalties, and payments for authors or freelancers.
- Arrange for copyright permissions.
- Perform duties assigned by the Executive Secretary
- This job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a pharmacist with at least five (5) years post-registration experience
- A relevant postgraduate degree
- Prior experience in similar capacity
- Age Limit: Not more than thirty-five (35) years
- In addition to the above, the prospective candidate should write in not more than two (2) A4 sheets with double-spaced typing of font size 12, his or her vision to transform the publications and communication strategies of the PSGH.
Attractive and Negotiable
How to Apply
Applications with the subject heading “EDITOR” should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 22nd December, 2017 with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.