Pharmacists are the country's main experts in medicines and pharmacy is one of the fastest growing areas of healthcare.
Pharmacists share a common commitment to improving people's lives through medicines and care and making a real contribution to the nation's health. Career opportunities are developing fast and pharmacists today can be found in many different settings including high street pharmacies, hospital wards, GPs' surgeries, walk-in centres, industry and universities.
A career in pharmacy offers you:
• The pursuit of an interest in science
• The opportunity to join the healthcare team
• A choice of working environments
What's in it for me?
Ask yourself what kind of future appeals to you. Do you want challenges, opportunities, a chance to make a difference?
If the answer is “yes” then this is what you can expect from a career in pharmacy:
• For a start, you help people.
• You are an important part of the community.
• You are in demand wherever you choose to live. There are opportunities to work abroad because your skills are in demand worldwide.
• You have a good living with a secure future. Pay levels in pharmacy compare very favourably with those of other professions and job security is excellent.
• You have lots of career options.
• Your job is interesting.
Few occupations meet all of these standards. Few meet them better than a career in pharmacy. What's stopping you?
What's the pay like?
Salaries tend to differ depending on the area of pharmacy on chooses to work in. Although the Society cannot advise on exact salary figures, there are periodic recommended salary ranges for Pharmacists who work in the private sector. These recommended rates include basic figures for locum and part-time services. As a guide, you can access the Community Pharmacists Recommended Salary (2019) here. Always ensure that you get a prototype contract and do some background checks on the facility you intend to work in. You may download the documents below to serve as guide:
Our Mission as Pharmacists is to provide sustainable, accessible, affordable and humane quality pharmaceutical services to all through continuous professional development and collaboration with government, international organizations and other health professionals
To be the most trusted professional group by seeking the well being of the human race through the provision of excellent pharmaceutical services at all times.